I saw this posted on Pinterest.com today. which I have been obsessing over the past couple weeks looking ad recipes, wedding and shower ideas! Just this morning I spent way too long looking a cute animals.. Anyways I saw a couple ideas for baking a treat in the microwave in a mug! Here are my adjusted recipes! These are perfect for those nights you just need a sweet treat but don’t want to bake a whole batch of brownies! I’m always craving muffins or banana bread, but when I bake a batch of muffins I’m usually the only one eating them! This is a much better way to make a small portion of the baked good I am craving with out over eating. I haven’t tried all of these recipes yet but I have altered each to be a bit lighter than the original I found on pinterest. Here are six you need to try!!!
Each of these recipes are so quick and easy!
Minutes to Prepare: 2, Minutes to Cook: 1-2, Number of Servings: 1
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 1 tea spoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Mix the wet ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Mix the dry separately (I used the measuring cup) then add to the wet mixture adding the chocolate chips last.
- Pour in to a mug that has been sprayed with pam or olive oil spray.
- Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (all microwaves are different so you might have to experiment a little. I only do it for about 1 minute).
- Top with some peanut butter or a scoop of ice cream.
Blue Berry Muffins in a Mug
- Blueberries, frozen (unsweetened), 1 oz. (I added a little more!)
- Ground Flaxseed Meal, 1/8 cup
- Whole Wheat Flower 1/8 cup
- Baking Powder, 0.5 tsp
- Maple Syrup, 2 tbsp
- Orange Zest, about 1/2 tsp
- 1 Egg white
- Nutmeg, ground, .5 tsp
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly and then add egg, syrup & zest.
- Pour into over sized coffee cup that you have sprayed with pam or olive oil spray.
- Put it in microwave for 90 seconds. This will make a tall muffin.
- If you prefer a flatter muffin (more like a muffin top) use a small, shallow cereal bowl. Top with a little sugar free pancake syrup if desired, and butter if you can spare the calories. For a really decadent version put a tablespoon of melted butter into the batter before cooking.
Number of Servings: 1
I got the idea for this recipe from: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=975928
Apple Banana ‘Baked’ Oatmeal in a Mug
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup or less of water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 of an apple, chopped
- 3 tbs raisins
- 2 tsp honey
- Add oats, flax, water and egg in a mug. Stir well with a fork.
- Add raisins, cinnamon, apple and honey. Stir again until fully combined.
- Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Stir in a little milk or yogurt if desired.
Banana Bread in a Mug
- Pam or olive oil spray
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 packet of stevia or 1 tbs of agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add egg and combine until just incorporated with dry ingredients. Mix in vanilla, oil, milk and mashed banana.
- Pop into the microwave for up to 3 minutes.
- Like all magical things that come out of the microwave, the inside of this will be hotter than the surface of the sun when you first remove it from the microwave.
I got the idea for this recipe from: http://passthesushi.com/banana-bread-in-a-mug/
Microwave Cheesecake in a Mug
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp fat free greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on high heat for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds incorporating all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Optional: Top with fresh fruit, whipped cream and nut meal.
I got the idea for this recipe from: http://yourlighterside.com/2012/08/minute-microwave-cheesecake/
Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Mug
I didn’t want to mess with this recipe, for a good cookie it really needs all the sugar and butter! I’ll have to try this one out on a cheat day!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white)
- Scant 1/4 of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again.
- Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds.
I got this recipie from: http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup.html
These muffins are from the recipe I posted a couple weeks ago for pumpkin muffins, I microwaved a scoop of the mix for about 2 minutes and it cooked up really nicely!
And if you need more easy, microwave, mug ideas, or some with a little more fat and sugar check out these: